Tuesday, January 6, 2015

But God That Giveth the Increase, January 6, 2015

It's another nice day in Quito. It is sunny, "hace sol." Temperatures will range from 55-73F.

A view of Quito from our apartment window.
 
Why is it so hard to remember that it is "God that giveth the increase" even in seemingly small matters?  It is His work and we are only a helper.

Alfredo sent a message for me to call him, which normally wouldn't be a big deal in the USA. There are many details to be worked out for the coming weeks and events in Guayaquil. Now comes the language barrier. He doesn't speak much English and my Spanish skills probably won't match an in-depth discussion on the details of service changes. So I have "hit a wall" so to speak.

Back to Lesson 1, again it is God's work not mine I can only do what I have the skill set for. What should I do? The gift needed for the situation is a translator. That's it! I'll ask Miguel Santana to come by the apartment after school, and we can call Alfredo together!

On the to-do list for today then are:

1. Connect with Alfredo.
2. Connect with Milton and Paulus.
3. Work on the Bible Class lesson.
4. Go to the ATM for money needed for the weekend trip.
5. Buy a flash drive to allow printing at a print shop of schedules, calendars, other documents. I didn't think I would need one so I left mine in the US.
6. Trip to the grocery store. Walk there and take a taxi back.
7. Pharmacy - We are not completely acclimated yet so we need something to help us sleep.

Walt and Avis

No comments:

Post a Comment